[Qgis-user] No data value in Raster Merge not working

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 06:50:04 PST 2013

I can confirm that the target nodata values are set to zero (instead of
"nodata").

This can be solved by adding -a_nodata <nodata> manually to the command, in
which case the valeus are set to "nodata" and therefore transparent.

e.g. instead of
gdal_merge.py -n 126 -of GTiff -o
/data/src/qgis/qgis-master/tests/testdata/tmp1.tif
/data/src/qgis/qgis-master/tests/testdata/landsat.tif
the command should be
gdal_merge.py -n 126 -a_nodata 126 -of GTiff -o
/data/src/qgis/qgis-master/tests/testdata/tmp1.tif
/data/src/qgis/qgis-master/tests/testdata/landsat.tif

Can you confirm this works for you? If so, I could fix this for future
releases.
Although, there should probably be an option for this?

Etienne