[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] Synergy of QGIS Enterprise and QGIS 2.0/Master branch

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 05:08:50 PDT 2013

It's pretty simple in this case really.

Sourcepole have an internal branch of QGIS that they maintain.
This version of the code is still under GPL because QGIS is.
Sourcepole give binaries and make source available to customers.
If I am a customer, under the GPL I am able to redistribute the sourcepole
version.
Bug fixes that sourpole do are ported upstream for the greater good, if
they want to.

Sourcepole are selling support and bug fixing packages ( and faster turn
around on new builds) etc.  They are also providing a stable, more focused,
branch for their customers. Which, if I was a customer, this is a great
idea.

Personally I don't like the word Enterprise but that is just a taste thing;
and I can understand why the choice of word.

- Nathan