[Qgis-user] qgis extremely slow with shapefiles

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Wed Jul 10 16:40:31 PDT 2013

I just switched to 2.0 and like the improvements very much.

First all went very well, but now working with an 1.8 file saved as 2.0 file
the processing of vector layers is excruciately slow. Entering a new node or
point takes minutes and I always get a message "Error, latitude or longitude
exceeded limits.  I'm here in Maine and everything is in UTM 19 N. I don't
understand why I get particularly this error message.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks very much for your help.

Jake