[Qgis-user] where to install qgis-web-client on Mac OSX 10.8.4

Marcel Stadelmann marcel.stadelmann at gmx.net
Thu Jul 11 02:31:02 PDT 2013

Hi Bernhard, Andreas,

Now in QGIS it works, but not in the browser (see below).

Following I describe what I did to test if the QGIS Server is running, so maybe somebody else can learn from it. I know it's quite basic, but in the beginning it may help. I think in my case, it was a path problem.
1. Copy the alaska.shp (+ prj, dbf, shx) to /Library/WebServer/Documents/ (This is the Web root with Admin rights)
2. In QGIS save a project according the QGIS User Manual 1.8 Chapter QGIS Server in /Library/WebServer/Documents/
3. Make sure when reopen the QGIS project from /Library/WebServer/Documents/ it finds still all the layers. (One of my mistakes was, that I moved the project file afterwards into this folder and QGIS couldn't find anymore the alaska.shp file. I thought the layer paths are absolute, but they are not.)
4. Open a new project and set the crs (i.e. EPSG:2964). Then add a wms-layer.
5. Connect to localhost with the following url: http://localhost/qgis-mapserv/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/Library/WebServer/Documents/alaska.qgs
6. 3 layers appear, add the first one.
7. Verify the data are shown.

Am 11.07.2013 um 08:09 schrieb Bernhard Ströbl <bernhard.stroebl at jena.de>:

> Hi Marcel,
>
> I guess now it is time to check for correctness of the srs.
> Which srs is the alaska project and data in? Is it EPSG:2964 as your GetMap request suggests?
> Take the GetMap-url and enter it in the browser. Do you get an error message or a white image? If you get a white image than there is no data in the bounding box for which you request your image.

The url: http://localhost/qgis-mapserv/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/Library/WebServer/Documents/alaska.qgs&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetMap gives this error massage:
Output format '' is not supported in the GetMap request

What could cause this message?

> Make sure to use the same srs in
> 1) the server project
> 2) the data being served with that project
> 3) your client project (i.e. the project in QGIS desktop you are trying to load maps into)
I made sure that CRS is everywhere EPSG:2964, but it was not the problem.