[Qgis-user] OS Mastermap, SQL Server and QGIS

Steven Campbell s.campbell at poole.gov.uk
Thu Jul 11 08:19:19 PDT 2013

Hi Nathan

Thanks for making the change - it is sooo much quicker now to load,
especially for such a large dataset as Mastermap!

Just a quick question though, if I try to connect to a secondary MSSQL
database, it takes a very long time to find the tables. Generally what I
do is I open a boundary file table (stored in one MSSQL table)  so I can
zoom in to a small location, and then go to open my Mastermap but the
initial time taken by QGIS to detect the Mastermap table takes a
considerable time - once found it is quick to open, pan etc - it's just
the initial connection that seems very slow.

As an aside, do you know if the Oracle connector uses the
user_sdo_geom_metadata table to identify the SRID and extents of the
tables?

Thanks again!

Steve