[Qgis-user] Rasterize (vector to raster) no longer exists

Thiago V. dos Santos thi_veloso at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jul 12 13:54:19 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

First post in this list, so please excuse any mistake.

I'm a GIS user on Mac (Mountain Lion) and I have been using using latest gdal (1.10) and Qgis (1.8.0-2) provided by Kyng Chaos.

I need to convert a vector to a raster, which previously could be done with "rasterize" under the "Raster -> conversion" menu (once the vector was loaded). In  the past I used this option very often, but I couldn't find it today.

Am I missing something or was this option replaced/removed from Qgis?

Greetings,
--
Thiago V. dos Santos
PhD student