[Qgis-user] Counting down to QGIS 2.0

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Jul 14 15:00:34 PDT 2013

Hi All

I know many users have been wondering where the new QGIS 2.0 release is. We
are waiting for the remaining blocker issues to be resolved (following the
'release it when it is ready' philosophy). If you are a daily blocker list (
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=23) watcher you
will have noticed that Juergen Fischer (aka our resident coding machine)
has been whittling the list down - 19 issues left as I write this.

Juergen has been funded for two weeks - one week each from the Swiss QGIS
Users Group and QGIS.org's fund). Based on his progress I expect we should
be ready to release before FOSS4G2013 (yay!).

If you have been contemplating sponsoring QGIS, there is never a better
time to do it as we use the money to fund activities such as these which
are a huge step in helping us to produce good quality releases. We would
also like to thank our current sponsors for the great boost their donations
have made in the running of our project:

* Asia Air Survey: http://www.asiaairsurvey.com/ (Gold sponsor)
* G.A.I.A. mbh http://www.gaia-mbh.de (Silver sponsor)
* State of Vorarlberg http://www.vorarlberg.at/ (Silver Sponsor)
* ibW Bildingszentrum Wald http://www.bzwmaienfeld.ch/ (Bronze Sponsor)

If you would like to become a sponsor please visit
http://qgis.org/en/sponsorship.html for details.

If you haven't already done so, please take one of the nightly builds
(available at http://download.qgis.org) for a test drive and report any
blocker issues (crashes, data corruption, regressions in old functionality)
to us as soon as you can using the tracker at http://hub.qgis.org - doing
so will ensure that we ship the best possible product!

Many thanks

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net