[Qgis-user] TIN Interpolation

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Jul 24 03:19:42 PDT 2013

Hi Marco,
thanx for your answer. But i fear i didn't get the message.

My main data are elevation points from an ordinary point shape with a z
attribute.
I also digitized some peaks from a map and entered their hights in a
different layer.

Those two point featured are handled correctly in the interpolation.

The structure lines I added are simply digitized small streams.
When adding them to the list of layers, an interpolation attribute is
chosen from the first available numerical attribute field in that shape by
default.

As the lines do not have any information besides their geometry, i wonder
where i should get values from so the interpolation will work correctly.

I also tried removing all attributes,so no interpolation attribute can be
picked by the plugin. The lines are then ignored completely.

When i give the lines some arbitratry value like 1, the interpolation
produces real canyons, when using higher values than the surrounding area,
it produces ridges.

So again the question: how on earth shall i be able to give those lines
attributes values that will not destroy the interpolation.
I do not ḱnow the exact elevations of those valley grounds, which is the
reason why i want to interpolate them!

Do i have a misconception or does the plugin?

Cheers
Bernd

p.s. Scrrenshot with structure lines with attribute value of 1:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48666790/QGIS/structurelinesvalue1.png

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374