[Qgis-user] Download Weekly to MAC

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Jul 29 09:18:19 PDT 2013

Hi Lene,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Lene Fischer <lfi at life.ku.dk> wrote:

>  Hi
> I´m starting a 3 week summercourse next monday. The students are going to
> install the weekly build, but I´m not sure about the MAC version.
>
>  Can anyone help.

There is no weekly build of the Mac version; however, there are nightly
builds of the current master branch [0].

The link noted in that section resolves to a single page website, where I
host two nightly builds: one for 10.7-8 and another for 10.6. Both require
the same Kyngchaos.com supporting framework installs as for the stable
release. You can run both the nightly build and the latest stable version
(1.8) at the same time, and they will not interfere with each other.

Please note, there are still bugs in the master branch, though most should
be squashed within a couple of weeks, in preparation for 2.0 version
release. If you find any bugs first search the issue tracker [1], if you
can't find a related issue, post to the developer mailing list [2] to see
if it is a known issue. Finally, please promptly create a new issue for any
unknown bugs so that it can be squashed ASAP.

[0]
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download#421-Nightly-Builds
[1] http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues

Regards,