[Qgis-user] Help (minimal) wanted with NZ Moodle site for Open Source tools

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Mon Jul 29 13:29:43 PDT 2013

________________________________

Hi,

I'm asking for advice from someone familiar with Moodle as a training
 facility.

I'm working with ECO ( http://www.eco.org.nz/ ) on a Moodle site (two years of operational funding covered by Tindall Foundation grant) to help New Zealand environmental & conservation related organisations & businesses learn about software & tools to help them get on with what they want to do. A key part of this is about Open Source tools, in particular geospatial software (GIS, spatial databases, web mapping, etc).

I'm also planning to use/support this site for training materials for NIWA's open source GIS tool ( https://www.niwa.co.nz/software/quantum-map ) as part of a wider NZ resource rather than use an in-house one.

The Moodle site is in its infancy (http://elearning.eco.org.nz/ ) & we'd like some critique of the design/layout from someone who is more knowledgeable about this than I am (so virtually anyone!)

If anyone is able to help out with this, please let me know.

  Thanks,

Brent Wood