[Qgis-user] WMS of Google Maps images or Bing images

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Wed Jul 31 02:03:23 PDT 2013

If QGIS is compiled against a recent GDAL version u can load Google or
Bing as simple Rasterlayer [1]. Such a layer will be delivered by qgis
server if saved in a project like any other rasterlayer (some
limitations if server is behind a proxy). Technically it is possible to
serve Google or Bing as Layer using QGIS server, but take care of those
licenses!

Marco

[1] http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html

--
FOSSGIS 2014, Die Konferenz für Open Source GIS mit OpenData und

die unabhängige Hilfe bei freier GIS-Software und freien Geodaten
http://www.fossgis.de