[Qgis-user] 3GB limit in osgeo4w's Qgis Master

Yasser Said Lopez de Olmos Reyes biolyasser at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 07:30:58 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I'm using qgis-dev (Master) from osgeo4w to obtain some landscape metrics
(LeCos plugin). I'm under Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, with 12 GB RAM,
but when running LeCos or any sextante algorithm windows gets stucked at 3
GB limit (sometimes 3.x GB), and I have plenty of RAM (nearly 8 GB) wasted.

Is this a limitation coming from osgeo4w's 32-bit libraries?
Is it possible to use my whole RAM under Windows 7 64-bit or should I go to
GNU/Linux?

Thank you very much in advance for your insight.

--
Saludos,

Yasser