[Qgis-user] Duplicate Points from Extract Nodes

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Tue Jun 11 01:40:19 PDT 2013

Is it intentional that when I use "Vector", "Geometry Tools", "Extract Nodes"
on a rectangle shaped polygon I get 5 points?

It seems like Qgis counts both a starting point and an ending point even
though they are identical?
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5059332/5Points.png>

I have checked that my polygon really only has 4 points (no "double points"
which you can sometimes make unintentionally when digitising by the mouse).

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit