[Qgis-user] Export Qgis project to openlayers plugin?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Mar 3 12:26:26 PST 2013

Hi Morten,

I still don't understand what is missing for you?

QGIS Server is a WMS and WFS server. OpenLayers can consume WMS and WFS.
What are you missing? Everything is there for you to integrate. There is
even a plugin (QTiles) than can export tile structures so you don't need
to install QGIS server: http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/qtiles/

QGIS cloud is using QGIS web client (a slightly different version) - it
also uses QGIS server and and a Python plugins. Everything in QGIS cloud
is open source. Non-commercial maps are free, for commercial services
they charge. I think is ok. After all they have to rent a server,
install and configure everything, etc. It is normal that you pay for a
web server.

Hope this helps,
Andreas