[Qgis-user] Composer and transparency

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 15:57:35 PST 2013

Hi Cascafico,

I have also a problem with Composer on QGIS 1.8. When I use rasters with transparency along with other layers, some horizontal stripes appear without transparency.

Normally I make the union of MDT with Shaded Relief. To combine the MDT with the Shaded Relief, I use the r.his function, placing the MDT as HUE and Shaded Relief as Intensity, resulting in a set of three rasters corresponding to the three RGB channels. Then I use r.composite to create the final RGB image.

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio