[Qgis-user] Unable to save style for .csv layer

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Fri Mar 15 02:43:55 PDT 2013

By using "Add delimited text Layer" I can use a csv point file very much like
if it was a shapefile.

I can also set the styles in the Properties/style pane but when I try to
save the style no .qml file is created. I get no error messages but no .qml
file either.

I have tested with several csv files and get same problem.

Is that a general issue?

A test file is here:  x_forsink.csv
<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5040564/x_forsink.csv>
The x and y columns are the coordinates.

I can right click the csv layer in the layers pane and choose copy style and
paste it to another layer with no problem so Qgis is somehow aware of the
styling (it is also shown on my map).

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit