[Qgis-user] Polygon digitalization

bertGIS bidou_smithers at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:24:02 PDT 2013

Hello.

My firm passed under QGis one year ago, and we encounter a problem with the
use of QGis for our botanists.
Indeed they will be confronted with the need of digitizing hundreds of
habitats polygon with correct joins.

Some have tested under QGis Lisboa and the result is discussable because, as
you can see on the attached image, the created polygons (with the option
"avoid intersections" and "topological editing" checked) shows some garbage.
Here I have moved one of them and we see the results.

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5040680/OSGeo2.png>

Reading the former messages on this subject, I have tested the options of
digitizing polilines with 'traceedit' and poligonize with 'poligonizer', and
the GRASS vector layer. But it is not practical for our experts.

Can you help me about that ?

Thanks
Cheers
Bert