[Qgis-user] Problems with data types in joined tables

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 03:09:03 PDT 2013

2013/3/15 Antonio Vico <avicomartin at gmail.com>:

> I want the possibility that user can choice data to join, and in a view the
> join are "fixed".
> I can make a view with states and population and user can ask this view but
> is user want ask data and sales for example he need another view. I want
> that user choice table that he need (states with geographyc information and
> join with anoter tables in database like population, sales, age, etc.
> according to their needs, without intervention in "server side".
>
> Make querys in a view needs create the view in "server side". Is for this
> question that data type in attribute table need a correct behavior

I tried to replicate the issue using spatialite tables (no postgis
server at hand) and QGIS master on ubuntu and this is what I found:
- The QGIS join mechanism seems to be severely broken (values appear
in the wrong columns in the attribute table).
- Integers in the joined table behave as integers: sorting columns
work as expected (well, provided there are no NULLs), 10 is selected
if you filter by value > 3, etc.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Goyo