[Qgis-user] Orfeo-Tollbox plugin

Szabó Szilárd szabo.szilard at science.unideb.hu
Sun Mar 17 04:00:51 PDT 2013

Dear All,

Do You have any experience with Orfeo Toolbox plugin in QGIS? It needs
the OTB packages (pkg-otb-bin: Orfeo Toolbox applications;
pkg-otb-python: Orfeo Toolbox python API to applications) but I have
problems to fing the right way to install it on Win7.
It seems so easy:
http://wiki.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php/Quantum_GIS_access_to_OTB_applications
All the available web pages recommend to use the Osgeo4w installer but
I do not know how to get it. Osgeo installer does not offer the required
OTB packages. I know that I am doing something wrong but have not any
experience with it.
A step by step guide would be the most apprciated as the trial and
error solution was not successful for me ... on how to install OTB on
win7. ... and to force it to work within QGIS.

Thank You in advance,
Szilard

--
Szilárd Szabó

Department of Physical Geography and Geoinformation Systems
University of Debrecen