[Qgis-user] Field Calculator calculates negative area

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Mon Mar 25 08:31:30 PDT 2013

Hi Stefan

You're right - I had not noticed the 10 digit limit.

But since you can not set it higher I had to calculate area as square
kilometers instead and got the right number.

Perhaps Qgis should give some kind of warning - it was only because of the
negative number I noticed it, had it been positive I might not have
noticed...

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit