[Qgis-user] Raster from Vector data

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 17:43:43 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,
I've trying to create some raster images from vector data.
I'm starting with some X,Y,Z,P1,P2,P3 data. P1,P2and P3 are the
properties that I would ideally like to use to populate the RGB space
in a tiff.
The data comes ungridded so I load it into QGIS using the txtx/csv
loader, then save it as a shapefile and then try and convert to a
raster.
This allows me to create a 1 band raster, I'm still having trouble
getting that right, I think I need to get the dimensions correct when
I create the raster.
However, once I've done that I intend to use the virtual raster to
combine P1 with P2 etc.

Does this seem correct? Is there a less time consuming way of getting
what I need?

Thanks
Matt