[Qgis-user] qgis 1.8: import error with psycopg2._psycopg (windows)

Jakob Lanstorp jlanstorp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 03:53:56 PDT 2013

Did you fix this problem? I have the same problem killing me. Installed QGIS
1.8 using OSGeo4W on a Windows 7 64bit machine. Sextante and PostGIS manager
plugin not working because psycopg2 is not referenced correctly. Have also
tried installing Python 2.7 and psycopg2 separately. psycopg2 works from
with the Python2.7 but not in QGIS 1.8.0. In the OSGeo4W package selector
the version of psycopg2 is 2.4.1. Is there no way to reinstall a messed up
QGIS in OSGeo4W. Reinstalling Windows might solve the problem, but not an
option right now. Are there some configuration files, paths or setup where
one can see and set the relation between QGIS and the depending libraries.

Jakob