[Qgis-user] Running v.clean on a QGIS vector layer (Polygon) through Sextante

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed May 1 01:22:10 PDT 2013

Hi Victor,

> Maybe a wrapper of v.in.ogr can be added, to do just import (which
> includes cleaning), and then export the cleaned layer. Would that make
> sense to you?

yes! That makes sense for me. Actually, this feature has been  already
asked for by someone some months ago, but seems to have slipped through
your attention or you missed it's relevance (no wonder, considering how
much you contribute to the project: THANK YOU!)

I don't know if it's possible to add the other advanced option for
v.in.ogr as well, e.g. importing lines and convert them to boundaries
(polygons) etc., as we have it in the GRASS toolbox. This is resulting in
two or more grass layers and i don't know if it's possible to send them to
canvas all together or if those features are already covered by other
means (I rarely deal with other functions than v.in.ogr when doing vector
work).

Many thanx
Bernd

p.s.: Happy 1st of  May ! (Do not work too much ;) )

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374