[Qgis-user] Union Tool - Ftools/Sextante - How should the real result be

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon May 6 08:17:44 PDT 2013

Hi Vinayan,

just some comments:
IMHO features in layers to union should not overlap within one layer
(e.g. landuse is either A or B), so your examples are theoretical only.
Example 1 does not make sense in this respect. Example 2: If we assume
that the circles in layer 2 do not overlap and the overlapping area is
only part of the left hand circle (1) the union operation should result
in what you show (except the overlapping area would be only one polygon
with A=1 and B=X)

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 8301 (20130506) __________

http://www.eset.com