[Qgis-user] Union Tool - Ftools/Sextante - How should the real result be

vinayan vinayan123 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:59:06 PDT 2013

Hi Victor,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the fix. Now for the second case
described in my question, it works well. The results are correct as per the
explanation by Bernhard.

Now for the first case, the results are not correct. Please see the before
and after results from a simple shapefile. There are two issues. First, the
left and right half circles are not created in the result. The polygons are
not splitting among each other as can be seen from the color differences in
the result.

Note - this is probably due to the iterator getting closed when issuing a
getFeaturebyId request..although I am not sure..
Do you want me to file a ticked for this?

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5052152/results.png>

Thanks
Vinayan