[Qgis-user] Issues with Print Composer and QGIS Server

Jan David Bendrien jandavid.bendrien at iwes.fraunhofer.de
Tue May 14 02:08:01 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

we are trying to provide Print Templates for our Web GIS based on QGIS
Server and QGIS Web Client. Two issues came up:

1. The QGIS Server apparently does not load images in print templates
relative to the location of the .qgs-file, but relative to the location of
the cgi-bin-executable. So we have to put our images in a subfolder of
cgi-bin.

2. Is there a fix for this: When we define a grid in QGIS Desktop, nothing
is shown in the pdf (or, if labelling is active, sometimes, only one lonely
zero below the map). There is no grid.

2 screenshots to show the problem (I'm uploading them with nabble.com, not
sure if it works):

screenshot of print composer:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5053093/page-in-print-composer.jpg>

screenshot of resulting pdf: