[Qgis-user] A doubt on SPIT- Shapefile to PostGIS Import Tool-reg.

Jaisen Nedumpala jaisuvyas at gmail.com
Sun May 19 22:03:53 PDT 2013

Hi,
I use QuantumGIS 1.7.0-Wroclaw available in Debian Squeeze. I have a doubt
on SPIT- Shapefile to PostGIS Import Tool.
I used it to import a shapefile to my PostGIS database.
The CRS of the shapefile was +proj=utm +zone=43 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84
+units=m +no_defs.
The Project properties was set to +proj=utm +zone=43 +ellps=WGS84
+datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs +towgs84=0,0,0 (EPSG:32643)
But when I checked the properties of the resulting layer after import, the
CRS of it seems to be +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs
(EPSG:4326) How it changed like this? Is it a bug? Or is it set like that?

The Layer Metadata for each layer seems as follows:
1. Shapefile:
General:
Storage type of this layer: ESRI Shapefile
Source for this layer: /home/jaisen/work/boundary.shp
Geometry type of the features in this layer: Polygon
The number of features in this layer: 1
Editing capabilities of this layer: Add Features, Delete Features, Change
Attribute Values, Add Attributes, Create Spatial Index, Fast Access to
Features at ID, Change Geometries
Extents:
In layer spatial reference system units : xMin,yMin 600731.60,1298462.88 :
xMax,yMax 613935.62,1304759.14
Layer Spatial Reference System:
+proj=utm +zone=43 +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +units=m +no_defs
--------------------

2. PostGIS Layer after Import through SPIT:
General:
Storage type of this layer: PostgreSQL database with PostGIS extension
Source for this layer: dbname='gis' host=localhost port=5432 user='jaisen'
sslmode=allow key='gid' table="boundary" (the_geom) sql=
Geometry type of the features in this layer: Polygon
The number of features in this layer: 1
Editing capabilities of this layer: Add Features, Delete Features, Change
Attribute Values, Add Attributes, Delete Attributes, Fast Access to

--
- നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -