[Qgis-user] Recognition of SRS in MapInfo-Files

Luke coolhandluka at gmail.com
Tue May 21 03:28:45 PDT 2013

Sounds annoying

I have had no issue with TAB file projections in QGIS apart from dealing
wiht non-earth projected data

Sounds like an issue with that particular SRS in QGIS OGR libs. Like Jurgen
mentioned you should use OGRINFO to verify.

In the mean time could you reproject your TABS to WGS84 or some other SRS?

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Tue, 21. May 2013 at 09:37:14 +0200, Fischer, Andreas wrote:
>
> >    ... unfortunately  I do work with MapInfo TAB-files and the SRS is not
> >    recognized as I expect. Every time I open a MapInfo TAB/MIFfile in
> EPSG
> >    31467 or EPSG 25832 QGIS doesn't match the equivalent build in SRS.
>
> It's probably a OGR thing.  Does ogrinfo show the same CRS?
>

> Jürgen
>

> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
> committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

*Luke Bassett*
* <lukembassett at gmail.com>*Melbourne Australia