[Qgis-user] ID's in shpaefile as names in kml ?

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Thu May 23 10:08:03 PDT 2013

You can use OGR creation options. In the 'Save vector layer as...' dialog,
use the 'OGR creation options -> Data source' text edit to write the
following:

NameField=<your_attribute>

Then export to KML and load your layer in Google Earth. The name of the
placemark should correspond to the one in your attribute.
See the OGR formats page for KML [1] as a reference.

Best regards

[1] - http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_kml.html