[Qgis-user] open .tab

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue May 28 05:56:53 PDT 2013

If it's saying that, then load the linked data file and forget the tab file.

As an example, you might have Image01.tab and Image01.jpg. Instead of loading the Image01.tab file, use the Open Raster Layer to open Image01.jpg. QGIS will then attempt to pick the right co-ordiante system for the jpg file and display it for you.

There are ways to load xls files directly using plugins, but it may be easier to save them as csv and load those. There's plenty information about this if you look a little bit for it.

Hope this helps.
-ramon.