[Qgis-user] Affine Transformation

Diego Mo diego.mo at csi.it
Fri May 31 02:56:43 PDT 2013

Hello

I would like to apply an affine transformation to a vector layer not
georeferenced using only QGIS

Browsing the web I found this interesting post:
http://foss4gis.blogspot.it/2011/05/computing-and-applying-affine.html

Trying to use only QGIS, I thought it might be a solution to rasterize the
vector layer, georefer with the Georeferencer plugin and use the word file to
get the parameters. But you can save the word file only applying a linear
transformation.

Having determined a set of double points, someone has a suggestion on how to get
in QGIS the 6 parameters to be used with the plugin Affine Transformation or
with the library v.transform of Grass via SEXTANTE?

Thanks in advance

Diego Mo