[Qgis-user] Symbolize Line with two symbols

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Nov 11 03:02:26 PST 2013

Hi,

and thank you for the answer. I had already tried this solution (2) but
as I mentioned in my original mail if the lines have many corners
(partly with 90 degrees) the second symbol is not on the line any more.
example:
symbol 1 position is at line start (position 0/0) symbol 1 interval is
10 (map unists) x shift for symbol 2 is 5 (map units), 90 degree angle
is at 3/0 (line bend northward). Then symbol two is drawn at position
5/0 but should IMHO be drawn at position 3/2

illustration:

     ___1_____2

1___|  2

if the line itself is not drawn this would look like this (guess where
the line goes :):

        1     2

1      2

my aim is to get this (which at least approximates the line):

        1    2

     2

1

Bernhard