[Qgis-user] Create a table of unique values with counts for a field?

Chrest, David davidc at rti.org
Wed Nov 13 07:07:11 PST 2013

I tried Group Stats and for the life of me could not get it to work. I have an airports layer with 75 points and 4 types in the USE field. I want a simple table listing the 4 types of airport uses in 4 records, then a count column giving me a count of each use type. In the Group Stats plugin, I put the Use field in Rows and the count function in value. The Calculate button is grayed out and I can't do anything. I tried different combinations and nothing worked. Not sure what to put in the Columns box. Everything I tried still gave me a grayed, unusable Calculate button. Anita Graser's tutorial at http://anitagraser.com/2013/02/02/group-stats-tutorial/ just shows two examples that are nothing like what I am trying to do. What exactly am I doing wrong?