[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.0.1

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 8 07:22:45 PDT 2013

Hi Lucien,

You should definitely use the 2.0x releases. It is in most respects
better than the 1.x releases.

Here is a list of most of the new features:
http://changelog.linfiniti.com/version/1/ (don't be fooled about the
URL, it really describes the new features of version 2)
- Especially the new Processing toolbox and graphical modeler is new and
exciting.

If you are on Windows, you should definitely go with the 64bit version,
which is new as well.

As with all new features there are also bugs. If you rely on external
software like GRASS and SAGA there may still be some integration issues
we are working on. There will be updated installers that should fix
these issues.

As to compatibility: it mostly is, but there are some issues when going
from old to new symbology and from old to new labeling.

Andreas