[Qgis-user] labels: avoid duplicated labels

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Mon Oct 14 02:37:56 PDT 2013

Goyo, while I enjoy working with postgis a lot, the reality is I cannot expect "my" users to hack a sql view each time they need to label a map. It is not feasible to anticipate all situations and just create new items in my database to handle each one. It's difficult enough to manage the data as it is.

I will just get a call or email asking how can the multiple labels be avoided, and there is no easy answer for that. The answer I've come up with is to select the features I want to label, and create a new layer in qgis with the corresponding query, remove the symbol and label it - much like the old label type layers in MapServer.

Thanks,
Duarte