[Qgis-user] FW: Using one vector layers to calculate the unemplyment rate in another vector layer

Zirneklitis eko at lanet.lv
Wed Oct 30 01:05:02 PDT 2013

Sorry, you have to do it from the beginning as the area of The Census
sub-place should be calculated as well.

The 4th step is something like:

                         area_of_intersection
number_of_unemployed * ----------------------------
                         area_of__The_Sensus_sub-place

Afterwards: Vector / Data Management Tool / Join attributes by location.

Remember to check "Take summary of intersecting features".

K.

Pretorius Deon - Lieutenant Colonel wrote:
> Hi
>
> 1.      Thanks for the assistance.  I have done that up until your 3de explanation point.
> 2.      All the Sensus Sub Place data are now "cut" and within each policing district. Perhaps any assistance on how I can now get the averages of each of the Sub Place "numbers" per policing district.
>
> Regards
> Deon
..
> Just an idea:
>
> 1. Using the Field calculator add a new column with polygon areas for the police district  layer.
>
> 2. Create the third layer as an intersection between the Sensus sub-place layer and the  police district  layer.
>
> 3. Using the Field calculator add a new column with polygon areas. Now you have a attribute table to calculate the statistics.

..