[Qgis-user] map composer: cannot set portrait (extend in map composer)

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 02:28:24 PDT 2013

Hello Tim,

Setting the right extent for you map is very often a interactive process.

- Set your main QGIS windows to cover the extent you need. You can do it by
using zoom in, zoom out and pan buttons, setting the scale manually in the
bottom right corner, or even right-click certain layer and choose zoom to
layer extent;
- Then, open your map composer, and as Nathan suggested press the extents
button;
- After that, you can adjust the scale manually in the main properties tab.
Also you can move (pan) you map by using the [image:
mActionMoveItemContent]<http://www.qgis.org/en/_images/mActionMoveItemContent.png>Move
content within an item button;

If you map item form is too different from the extent you want, remember
you can still opt by setting your page to landscape or portrait, or simply
adjust the map item size itself.

Hope this helps,

Alexandre

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM, Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de