[Qgis-user] Field Calculator/Python Plugins

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 04:23:11 PDT 2013

Hello Pretorius,

Both field calculator and Python calculator, allows one to calculate values
of columns, but does not affect the number of rows. What you need is to
somehow group (sum, mean, etc...) field values by a certain column common
value.

For that purpose I believe that Group Stats Plugin [1] is what you need.

Also If you are going to do lot of this kind of analysis, I would advice
you to put your data in Postgis or Spatialite so you can run SQL queries.

[1] http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/GroupStats/

Hope this helped,

Alexandre Neto