[Qgis-user] Pleiades jp2 sample imagery - read projection info

Fabrizio murè fabriziomure at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 04:05:17 PDT 2013

Hi, I solved my issue asking to OTB users group list.
I report the reply:

Pleiades uses JPEG200 and otb by default has an implementation for JPEG200
to read Pleiades images but gdal uses a different JPEG2000 driver and is
not compiled by default. see here for more info[1]. Hence QGIS which
depends on GDAL when a raster input comes wont be able to handle your data.

You have two options:
1) compile gdal from source with JPEG2000 driver enabled and open in QGIS.
You also need to compile QGIS too in that case.

2) use otb Convert application to convert data to some other formats say
GTiff and load it in QGIS

Hope it helps,
Regards,

Fabrizio