[Qgis-user] How to read a sqlite from a gps-app?

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 23:56:16 PDT 2013

The problem is that the program uses *Sqlite* not *Spatialite* to store
spatial information. Spatialite is (off course)  an extension to Sqlite
with a lot of administration tables and functions. So you have to
convert your Sqlite database to a Spatialite database. Use this post
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/5186/sqlite-to-spatialite as a
pointer.

Another approach is to use ogr2ogr -
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_csv.html - to convert the table in Sqlite
containing spatial data to a csv file and import this csv file into QGis

Regards
Bo VictorThomsen
Aestas-GIS