[Qgis-user] Query re: Area measures

Mike Shand Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Sep 13 10:04:55 PDT 2013

Hi Hugh,

I did some work recently on the Tanzania 2012 Census District file from
downloaded from the NBS website plus the census data.
I converted the Arc60 lat/long file to a projected WGS 84 UTM zone 36S
file in QGIS, calculated the Geometry in sqkms then exported the file to
WGS84 lat/long.  This seemed to work fine as I was then able to
calculate the population density.

Any problems I can send it offline.

Mike
************************************