[Qgis-user] Format conversion QGIS 2.0

Sergio A Estay sergio.estay at uach.cl
Mon Sep 16 09:43:44 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

I work in Ubuntu 12.04 and today the system automatically update qgis to
the new version 2.0. It looks nice , but shortly I noticed a problem.

I tried to convert some Geotiff maps to asc grid. Despite qgis seems to
perform the task without problems I notice that the new file still is a
Tiff file. The only thing qgis did was to change the extension of the
file name.

This happened with several files and in two different computers today
after the upgrade to 2.0

Any ideas what happened?? Is it neccesary some other update??

cheers

--
Sergio A. Estay
Inst. Ciencias Ambientales y Evolutivas