[Qgis-user] Mesaure tool Problem

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Sep 19 02:27:46 PDT 2013

hi,

so if you measure in QGIS desktop with project CRS set to 4326 you
measure 90m and in QWC with CRS 4326 you measure 130m for the same feature?
If I open a 4326-project in desktop my measure results are output in
degrees (can I change that somehow?), so I cannot compare to the QWC
output of the same project which is in metres. If you use a different
projection in desktop then your measurements may - of course - be different.
Measurement in QWC is handled using the OpenLayers' measure control [1]

Bernhard

[1]
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Control/Measure-js.html

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 8818 (20130919) __________