[Qgis-user] Qgis 2.0 Mac

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Sep 20 11:24:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Julian Bogdani <julian.bogdani at unibo.it>wrote:

> Hi,
> The nightly build version is already available here:
> http://qgis.dakotacarto.com/
> And it works fine on Snow Leopard!

Please note that the nightly build at this time is not a full install (at
maybe ~90% functionality), relative to what William Kyngesburye is
packaging for the 2.0 release. In the meantime, I recommend waiting until
William finishes his Snow Leopard work before migrating any <= 1.8 projects
to 2.0+.

The following are not included in the nightly:

* Globe plugin (still has crashing issues on Mac)
* Third-party external programs to support Processing algorithms (e.g.
Saga, etc.)

Third-party external programs will eventually be supplied with the nightly,
but for now the user is required to install them from source, or via a
package manager.

Also very important to note, the nightly is not the 2.0.1 release branch.
It is the master branch, which is now being hacked on in various areas. I
highly suggest not relying upon the nightly for any type of production work.

Best regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota