[Qgis-user] Announcing the release of QGIS 2.0

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Sep 20 23:51:30 PDT 2013

Hi

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Lester Anderson <arctica1963 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Just downloaded and installed the latest version QGIS 2.0.1 and it works -
> up to a point!
>
> It gives a non-critical runtime error, but after closing this window
> starts ok from what I can tell.

You may have a conflicting dll (do you have ESRI installed on your system?)
that breaks our python. ESRI has been a bad boy it seems and installed
their python into the system path so their dll's get loaded in place of
ours where they overlap. We don't have a good solution to this yet.

> Also took a couple of tries to download the entire installer file.

Yeah the server is swamped - we are moving things onto a new server asap
which will hopefully help things.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net