[Qgis-user] Python console doesnt open in Qgis 2.0

Oware Maungu oware at appliedgeo.org
Tue Sep 24 02:27:38 PDT 2013

Starting qgis from terminal shows the warning below:
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]

The message below is also logged (Log Messages)
Couldn't load Python support library: Cannot load library
/usr/lib/qgispython: (/usr/lib/libqgispython.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory)

To upgrade qgis to the latest release i did # apt-get install qgis

About QGIS:

QGIS version 2.0.1-Dufour
Compiled against Qt4.8.1 Running against Qt4.8.1
Compiled against GDAL/OGR1.7.3 Running against GDAL/OGR1.7.3
Compiled against GEOS3.2.2-CAPI-1.6.2 Running against GEOS3.3.8-CAPI-1.7.8
PostgreSQL Client Version9.1.9 SpatiaLite Version3.1.0-RC2
QWT Version5.2.2 PROJ.4 Version470
QScintilla2 Version

Thanks