[Qgis-user] SAGA GIS dependency problem

Pedro VenĂ¢ncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 08:51:00 PDT 2013

Hi Matteo,

The problem is that ubuntugis-unstable provides GDAL 1.10, which has changes in libgdal package. Until GDAL 1.9.x, this package was called libgdal1. Starting from GDAL 1.10.x, this package became libgdal1h.

Most likely, SAGA 2.0.8 that is in ubuntugis-unstable was compiled with GDAL 1.9.x, taking libgdal1 as dependency. And Johan PPA should be under the same conditions.

Thus, there are two alternatives. Or downgrading to GDAL 1.9.x (for example, with ubuntugis-stable PPA), or we have to wait for someone to compile SAGA with GDAL 1.10.x.

Pedro