[Qgis-user] flat file mapping with numeric colour scale

Rene Gommes rene.gommes at irsa.ac.cn
Thu Sep 26 19:37:49 PDT 2013

Hello friends

I want to do a very simple thing, which must have been done many times
by many people, but I do not find where to start, probably because I am
not familiar with GIS terminology.

Here's the problem:

I have a shapefile with subdivisions of the world into about 80 major
crop production zones (CPZ). I also have a matrix, one line per CPZ,
giving a number of numeric descriptors for each CPZ. The exercise is to
map the descriptors, one map per descriptor, by using a colour scale
(e.g. 10 classes) to indicate the values of the descriptors.

Many thanks for any hint!

R.