[Qgis-user] [QGIS webclient] expand/collapse layer tree

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Sep 29 09:27:41 PDT 2013

Hi Otto,

Originally the layer tree was expanded

The modifications that Lars did for the support of the base maps broke
it because it introduced an additional hierarchy in the tree. See
http://webgis.uster.ch/wsgi/webgisLauncher.wsgi?uuid=cb84fcf6-bff8-45a7-abcd-e299548446b8
- where I still use the old version and the layer tree is expanded by
default.

There is also another function that is currently broken: the
themeChanger. This is also because of the additional hierarchy. We
should discuss this with Lars how to fix these two issues that worked
before these modifications. Ideally we could hide the top "WMS" tree and
make it invisible.

As to your second question: the Glarus QGIS webclient implements this -
but we decided to not do it this way, because there will be in the
future more layer-based functions and settings and we do not want to
"pollute" the tree with too many options. We want to put all the layer
information, settings and controls into a separate window. Otherwise
people would have to scroll in the tree all the time. If your tree is
nested 3-4 times the legend would only be visible 30% and people would
have to scroll.

Andreas