[Qgis-user] Authentication in QGIS Server (WFS Service)

Antonio Vico avicomartin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 09:34:54 PDT 2013

I tested basic protection whit .htaccess file in the directory. This
require user/password for access with a browser but defining a wfs server
like http://my_host/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/var/www/Test01/mymap.qgsin
qgis desktop can acces without restrictions to the map file.

Here my http configuration:

file .htaccess in directory /var/www/Test01 (to protect)

AuthType BasicAuthName "Authentication Required"AuthUserFile
"/etc/apache2/htpasswd"Require valid-user

modification in apache config file

<Directory "/var/www/Test01">  AllowOverride AuthConfig  # The Options
below is an example. Use what you deem is necessary.  Options
MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec  Order
allow,deny  Allow from all</Directory>